The AMSA Jubilee Award honours a scientist who has made an outstanding contribution to marine research in Australia during his or her career. To commemorate its Silver Jubilee Year in 1988, AMSA established this award for excellence in marine research in Australia. It was inaugurated at the AMSA Silver Jubilee Conference in Sydney on 13 December 1988.
Annual Call for Nominations - Closes 28th February each year
- The nominee does not have to be an AMSA member;
- Nominations can only be made by AMSA members;
- Self-nominations are not acceptable;
- Complete the Jubilee Award Nomination Form;
- A letter of nomination should include a summary of the nominee's contribution, detailing the area of the research and its significance, with key references listed or attached;
- A CV can be helpful for the selection process;
- Extra information may be sought from specialists in the nominee's field.
The nominations will be assessed by a selection panel, chaired by the President of AMSA. The recipient of the Award will be presented with a citation and silver pin and will be invited to give a plenary address to the Annual Conference that is usually held in July each year.
Nominations must be made using the nomination form and sent by the 28th February each year to the Secretary of AMSA. Late nominations cannot be accepted. Note: Nominations are held as current for three years. After three years, the nomination needs to be updated and a new nomination submitted as above.
Download nomination form