Welcome to the Northern Territory Branch
Follow us on Facebook
The Northern Territory (NT) branch of the Australian Marine Sciences Association, although small in numbers, has a vast wealth of experience in coastal and marine studies. Members are from a variety of host institutions in the NT and cross many disciplines. We also encourage an active student membership.
AMSA NT aims to promote all aspects of marine science in the Northern Territory. Our activities include:
- Public promotion of marine science in the NT – i.e. public seminars & events, website, media stories, ‘Science Week’.
- Mentoring of ‘early-career’ marine scientists.
- Peer support and networking
- Social events, fund-raising (eg. To support student members – national conference attendance).
- Targetted field days.
- Symposiums & workshops.
- NT AMSA Newsletter.
- Formal comment on NT marine development assessments (ie. INPEX).
- Formal comment on NTG policies, strategies & plans.
- Nomination of rare & threatened marine species & habitats in the NT.
- Direct lobbying of NT Government and marine industries for increased support for marine science in the NT.
- Membership drives.
You are invited to become a member of AMSA and the NT Branch. To do this, you can attend one of our upcoming functions and join, or complete the online membership application.
NT Branch Committee 2020–2021
|President||Rachel||Groom||Charles Darwin University|
Australian Institute of Marine Science
|Student Representative||Ruth||Patterson||Charles Darwin University|
|Communications||Amy||Kirke||Charles Darwin University|
|Alea||Rose||Charles Darwin University|
|Rik||Buckworth||Sea Sense Australia Pty Ltd|
|Vinay||Udyawer||Australian Institute of Marine Science|
|Stacey||Kopf||Charles Darwin University|
|Keller||Kopf||Charles Darwin University|
|Barry||Russell||Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory|