The NSW Branch of the Australian Marine Sciences Association has over 200 members and is a leading organisation promoting understanding and wise use of the coastal and marine environments of NSW and elsewhere. We have an active student membership and are engaged in the following:
* Writing submissions concerning marine conservation, such as commenting on draft plans of management for local bioregions and MPAs.
* Hosting regular Branch events at institutions such as Universities, Local and State Government venues to socialise and hear seminars from members and others.
* Holding regular Council meetings to discuss issues in marine science.
* Supporting student members by holding relevant workshops, supporting national workshops (such as the scientific writing workshop at AMSA National annual scientific conferences) etc.
* Offering careers advice to university and high school students.
* Keeping the media informed of hot issues in marine science.
We urge all those students and scientists in NSW interested in marine science to join both AMSA National and your NSW Branch!
NSW Branch Committee 2020-2021
You may contact any of the committee members at email@example.com
|President||John||Turnbull||University of New South Wales|
|Secretary||Maria||Vozzo||Sydney Institute of Marine Science|
|Treasurer||Gigi||Beretta||University of Technology Sydney|
|General Committee||Katherine||Dafforn||MAcquarie University|
|Adriana||Verges||University of New South Wales|
|Claire||Rowe||University of Sydney|
|Euan||Provost||Southern Cross University|
|Georgina||Wood||University of Sydney|
|Alexander||Fordyce||University of Newcastle|
|Holly||Bone||University of Technology Sydney|
|Joel||Williams||Department of Primary Industries - Fisheries|
|Mariana||Mayer-Pinto||University of New South Wales|
|Melinda||Coleman||Department of Primary Industries - Fisheries|
|Nina||Schaefer||Sydney Institute of Marine Science|
|Paula||Sgarlatta||University of New South Wales|
|Troy||Gaston||University of Newcastle|
|Will||Figuiera||University of Sydney|