AMSA membership is open to those working and studying in all discplines of marine science. Supporting AMSA through membership provides direct support for efforts in marine science research.
- Access to member communications (AMSA Bulletin, e-News and other such material)
- Reduced registration fee at the AMSA Annual Conference
- Participation in activities of state branches
- Eligibility for student awards and prizes
- Opportunity to stand as a council member or office bearer
- Opportunity to contribute to position statements and submissions on marine science and government policy
- Affiliate membership of Science and Technology Australia (STA)
- Networking of scientists for development of research opportunities and multidisciplinary collaboration, and dissemination of knowledge about marine science to the wider public
AMSA / NZMSS 2020 Conference
Call for Abstracts Deadline
Extended to 21 February 2020
Due to higher than expected number of extension requests, the Conference Scientific Committee has agreed to extend the Call for Abstracts deadline to Friday 21 February 2020.
Early bird discounts are available until Thursday 30 April 2020. Don't miss out on securing your place at the AMSA/NZMSS 2020 Conference.
Watch the AMSA / NZMSS 2020 Sydney trailer
> Click here to go to the conference website
2019 AMSA Award Winners
First awarded in AMSA's Silver Jubilee Year (1988), our professional award recognises excellence in marine research and is presented to a scientist who has made an outstanding contribution to marine research in Australia.
This year's winner is Helene Marsh, Emiritus Professor of Environmental Science, James Cook University, in recognition of her contribution to research, teaching and the conservation biology of dugongs and other cetaceans.
The award recognises outstanding achievements in the field of technical support to marine science in Australia.
This year's winner is Brett Louden, NSW Department of Industry/Department of Primary Industries, who has contributed outstanding service to many research projects for more than 20 years.
The Allen Award irecognises an outstanding postgraduate student by providing support to attend the AMSA Annual conference with the aim of giving the student the opportunity to gain experience and contacts, and to serve as an ambassador for Australian marine science.