AMSA membership is open to those working and studying in all discplines of marine science. Supporting AMSA through membership provides direct support for efforts in marine science research.
- Access to member communications (AMSA Bulletin, e-News and other such material)
- Reduced registration fee at the AMSA Annual Conference
- Participation in activities of state branches
- Eligibility for student awards and prizes
- Opportunity to stand as a council member or office bearer
- Opportunity to contribute to position statements and submissions on marine science and government policy
- Affiliate membership of Science and Technology Australia (STA)
- Networking of scientists for development of research opportunities and multidisciplinary collaboration, and dissemination of knowledge about marine science to the wider public
AMSA 2021 Conference
The Wait is Over!
Early Bird Registration is Now Available
We are delighted to announce that early bird registration is now available for the AMSA 2021 Conference to be held from Sunday, 27 June to Friday, 2 July 2021 at Macquarie University, Sydney.
All delegates will have the opportunity to register at the 2020 Early Bird rates unitl Wednesday, 30 September 2020, so get in quick to register and save.
The 2021 Early Bird Registration Fees will be available from Thursday, 1 October 2020.
>> REGISTER NOW
2020 AMSA Award Winners
First awarded in AMSA's Silver Jubilee Year (1988), our professional award recognises excellence in marine research and is presented to a scientist who has made an outstanding contribution to marine research in Australia.
This year's winner is Professor Lynnath Beckley, Environment and Conservation Sciences, Murdoch University, for her work on ocean and coastal environments in Western Australia and the Indian Ocean.
Emerging Leader in Marine Science Award
This is a new award established in 2020 presented to an early or mid-career scientist in recognition of their outstanding reserach and academic achievements in marine science and the translation of their research for engagement outside of academia and mentoring of other young scientists.
The inaugural Emerging Leader in Marine Science Award has been awarded to Dr Katherine Dafforn, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Macquarie University and Deputy Director of the the Sydney Harbour Research Program, Sydney Institute of Marine Science.
AMSA will not be awarding the Technical Award or the Allen Award this year.