AMSA membership is open to those working and studying in all discplines of marine science. Supporting AMSA through membership provides direct support for efforts in marine science research.
- Access to member communications (AMSA Bulletin, e-News and other such material)
- Reduced registration fee at the AMSA Annual Conference
- Participation in activities of state branches
- Eligibility for student awards and prizes
- Opportunity to stand as a council member or office bearer
- Opportunity to contribute to position statements and submissions on marine science and government policy
- Affiliate membership of Science and Technology Australia (STA)
- Networking of scientists for development of research opportunities and multidisciplinary collaboration, and dissemination of knowledge about marine science to the wider public
2017 AMSA Conference
Closing Date for Early Bird Registration ...
19 May 2017!
At the annual AMSA conference being held in Darwin, Northern Territory in 2017, we seek to highlight achievements in Marine Science in Australasia and our close neighbours in SE Asia.
The conference theme is 'Connections through shallow seas’.
It encompasses connectivity between marine regions (coastal to continental shelf waters) and social linkages (scientists, indigenous people, industry, government, etc).
Everyone attending is also urged to book their accommodation as soon as possible - don't forget that July is in peak holiday season for Darwin.
2017 AMSA Awards
Nominations for Jubilee Award, Technical Award and Allen Award
Deadline extended to 21 March 2017
First awarded in AMSA's Silver Jubilee Year (1988) our professional award recognises excellence in marine research and is presented to a scientist who has made an outstanding contribution to marine research in Australia.
The AMSA Technical Award recognises outstanding achievements in the field of technical support to marine science in Australia. The prize emphasizes the valuable contribution to marine science made by those who provide the technical and logistical support services which make much research possible.
One of the most important roles of AMSA is to develop and encourage our student members. The AMSA Allen Award is a grant of $2,500 to support an outstanding postgraduate student to attend an international conference, with the aim to gain experience and serve as an ambassador for Australian marine science. The Allen Award is in memory of Kay Radway and Rosa Allen who were both active on AMSA Council for many years and is supported by a bequest from the estate of the late K Radway Allen since June 2008.